So here’s the latest Asian entertainment gossip that I would like to respond to since I haven’t had the chance to this past week.
1. Heechul of Super Junior got a new nose after his laser-surgery-induced fall. He also decided to grow some facial hair.
Well, whatever he wants.
2. SNSD finished their first set of promos. Honestly, I have to say I’m relieved. I’m tired of looking at their attire whenever I go online. They need to get a new stylist. Yeah, I’m not really a fan, although, I quite like Yoona.
3. Han Geng of Super Junior asked He Jiong to introduce him to a girl. Apparently, he’s been massively busy, lonely, and in need of someone who can understand him at a level that his mother or his friends can’t be at. After a trip to a bar, Han Geng discussed looking for a girlfriend with He Jiong, asking him “Can you introduce me to a girl? If it’s okay, I still wish to find a Chinese girl.” He isn’t picky either. “[It is fine] as long as we’re happy when we’re together [and living comfortably, and I have feelings for her] (sorry, the grammar there really sucked ass),” he says, “And also [she] must be respectful to [her] parents, and kind-hearted (Grammar 411, it should be “she,” not “they,” because I’m sure Han Geng isn’t into polygamy).”
I’m not gonna go and say that I’m the girl for him. It would never work out between us because he’s a dog lover. I assume he would want a dog. I’m allergic. I prefer rabbits. They’re playful like dogs, but quieter and a lot easier to train. Anyways, this makes me feel the desire to get a nice Chinese boyfriend. Damn.
4. The mother of the late Chinese pop idol, Anita Mui, claims that her daughter was mentally impaired when she signed her will; thus, it makes the will invalid and all of Mui’s possessions would go to her mother even though she is already receiving 70,000 HKD (9,000 USD) In response, people are calling her selfish and greedy. Peter Teo, a doctor and witness to the signing of her will said that she did not seem incapable of thinking clearly. In fact, he felt that she was mentally capable even right before falling into a coma.
Hmm I think this is old news. Whatever. When Anita Mui died in 2003, I was hoping people would let her rest in peace. Especially since not too long before, her good friend Leslie Cheung committed suicide. Also, the two women didn’t seem to have a good relationship, and her mother has only been relying on her for money. It sucks that her mom’s still picking on her even after her passing.
Then again, I have some sympathy for her mother. Their family history varies for some reason, but in every story, her husband isn’t there for the family (most sources say that he died before or right after Anita was born). With four kids to take care of, I would be pretty bitter and selfish too.
5. Chaeyeon came out with new photos. When I first saw Chaeyeon, I thought she was really pretty. But then I realized that she’s one of the artists out there that uses the “sexy image.”
There’s not much sexy about that picture though. I think she might be getting a bit too old. You can see the veins in her hands. And that position she’s in doesn’t seem very appealing. Maybe the photographer just sucks majorly, ’cause seriously, that photo sucks.
That’s all I feel like doing now.
Sources: Sohu, Lucy@FLAWLESS (translation), Hannie’s_Wife @ Sujunesia, Check out my blogroll for the rest ’cause I’m lazy.