So, I had two tickets to the Epik High. I got to the venue, Fillmore Theatre, at Irving Plaza? Place? at around 3:30 so I could make sure it was the right place. And there was already a line of people that stretched down and around the corner. I got in line and waited until my friend got there at around 5:30. By then, Epik High had gotten there and went in, I think, because people started screaming and everyone stood up. Of course, the doors opened late and it wasn’t until 8:00 did the concert start. (more…)
BoA: Eat You Up MV U.S. October 22, 2008
Has anyone seen the U.S. version of BoA’s Eat You Up single, yet? I mean, when I saw it, I was totally blown away.
Asia Vers. youtube credit: BoAfan17901
U.S. Vers youtube credit:hellokitty92495
sjm – smtown global auditions August 31, 2008
quick translation, credit chenzi @ hongdou.wordpress.com
hi everyone, i am sj’s chinese member. i am hangeng. I have good news for everyone. that is the 2008 SM global auditions. Taking place in america and canada. these auditions are to give all chinese, korean, or japanese with singing, acting, [something] abilities oppurtunities. the auditions are from sept 19 to oct 25. registrations, etc can be found at www.smtown.com to learn more. please, everyone participate. also, please support me, sj and sm. sm welcomes you [?]
hello everyone, i am sjm’s member zhoumi. sm’s biggest auditions are beginning this fall. we’ll be visiting america, canada, and 8 other countries to choose. the catagories are: singers, actors, models, dancers, and lyricist’s/composers. if you fall into any of these catagories, please participate in the auditions. we begin on sept 19 and end on oct 25. please search triple w dot smtown.com for more information. now, no matter if you’re chinese, korean, or japanese, you can participate in our auditions. lastly, i hope you all will participate, and support us- sjm -. this is zhoumi, thank you.
The Olympics Closing Ceremony August 24, 2008
I’m watching the Olympics Closing Ceremony and I was really excited to finally watch Leehom Wang on American television. It was only for a few seconds though, and even though I like Rain, for some reason I wasn’t happy that he was there. I can’t explain myself without sounding racist, which I’m not. And I was a tad disappointed that they weren’t introduced…not even as “Asia’s most prominent pop stars.” No. But whatever, I saw them, and I’m semi-satisfied.
Who is this Weiwei? The so-called most popular Chinese pop star? She was the only Chinese singer that was introduced. She looked like the lady in a crazy pink dress and I was kind of disappointed because it makes me feel that Americans will just think Chinese singers are insane since she was the only singer that got any decent screen time.
My Summer August 11, 2008
Yes, I’ve been gone pretty much the whole summer.
I think this summer was one of the best though. I made new friends and rekindled old ones, and I found a new love. My summer is ending on a high note. Now I’m jammin’ to Jason Mraz and enjoying life.
Since I’m over my boyband phase, I think I’ll be typing a lot less about them, and more about stuff that I don’t want most of my friends and boyfriend to see. But before I start, who saw the opening ceremony of the Olympics? Awesome YES?! That Zhang Yimou’s got skills!
Once I get my typing mojo back, I’ll come back to type. Have a nice day!
Stop Asking About Zuko’s Mom! July 21, 2008
Avatar: The Last Airbender aired its finale episode on Saturday. And yes, I had a little shindig with my pal. We had spagetti and Rita’s waterice.
Well, at the end of the series, a lot of people had problems (as with everything). I’m not saying that I’m right but I always think what’s done is done. Anyways, here are some of the disappointments I heard after the series ended and the responses I have for them (warning: contains spoilers). Be aware that my responses are just my opinions:
1. What about Zuko’s mom? This seems to be the biggest question. Honestly, Ursa is not all that important of a character. I believe her main purpose is character development. So really, it’s not necessary for us to see her in the end. We just need to know that Zuko knows her whereabouts. We can assume that he knows when he visits his father in prison. Although, we never heard Ozai’s answer, we can assume that Zuko did and gained closure. And seriously, if you did hear Ozai’s answer, you’d want the animators to draw up a few more frames just so you can see them reunite. It’d be nice, but not necessary. It’s just better not to fill your head with too much new info right before the show ends.
2. Why does Iroh see spirits? I don’t know. Same reason why he can go to the Spirit World? Maybe he’s enlightened. It’s definitely not important, though. I think it shows his flexibility with the world and everything accepts him in return.
3. Did Azula really have to go insane? She was probably insane to begin with. She’s a perfectionist and yearns for attention from her parents. But you know, the world isn’t perfect and her dad’s a jackass. Therefore, she had to go insane. I read something interesting on Facebook. Azula’s hair sort of symbolizes her strength and when a hair is out of place, her strength deteriorates. She says earlier that she can’t have a hair out of place, but again, perfection is impossible.
4. What happened to Azula? She went to prison, duh! Where else would she go?
5. Will there be no more Air Nomads after Aang? How will the Avatar cycle continue? I assume Aang will have children some day. There’s a chance that his kids will be Air Nomads. I have a feeling that the Air Temples won’t be able to rebuild themselves though, unless Aang does it single-handedly. Future Air Nomads, if any, would probably assimilate with some other nation.
6. Are they making any more episodes? No. Surprising us by airing a new episode after telling us that Sozin’s Comet was the last is stupid. It’s probably a better marketing scheme to release something new on DVD. Apparently, there’s a spin-off in the making taking place in another era with brand new characters. I will watch, but it will definitely be bittersweet without the original characters. Oh, and M. Night Shyamalan is making three movies to cover the series. Of course, he’s gonna change it up a bit. The characters will be older by a bit, the story will be a tad different and it’ll fit his style. I honestly don’t like the idea of putting Western actors in an Eastern setting. I was actually hoping that he would introduce an Eastern cast to USA, but it seems that the only Asian guy considered for a role in the movie so far is for Aang.
I think most of these questions lead to the same conclusions. These men are trying to teach children valuable lessons. Life isn’t perfect, broaden your horizon, and don’t ask too many questions.
Oh, and a lot of people are asking for an epilogue and they even started a petition. Since I’m against it, I’m not giving you guys a link, but you guys can go search for it if you want. Why am I against it? Believe it or not, I’m satisfied with the ending. To me, here’s how it goes – their goal was to overthrow the Firelord and bring balance to the world. They achieved it, and I am just fine with it. They briefly answered our questions, not completely, but what can you gain from knowing so much? Things like Ursa’s whereabouts or Iroh’s spiritual abilities aren’t exactly major factors of the story. They’re just gonna spoil you silly by giving you so much info. And even I don’t wanna know that much new information at the end of the series. I just wanna know that all the major characters found closure and they met their goals. That’s really all that matters.
Seriously, if they give it an epilogue episode, I’ll be so disappointed. I’ll just have to condemn it with all the stupid children’s shows, simply because some information is left for us to think about. They don’t have to spoonfeed us through every nook and cranny, really.
Yeah, I’m an Avatar nerd.
Neon Nail Polish Is In July 13, 2008
Can you believe it? And I thought I was a loser for having neon pink nail polish. Now I’m glad that I was too lazy to throw it out ’cause it’s this summer’s new trend.
Why do I feel like this is gonna be a trend that we’ll all regret someday? But hey, you can’t go wrong with pink.