I literally just wrote my last entry about Asian beauty concerns. And I thought about different traits that Asians, generally, believe are ideal. Everybody has different ideas of true beauty because “eye of the beholder” blah blah blah. But I just want to name some general ones that could pull out the top of my head.
1. Pale skin. I remember one of my seniors in school was this Korean beauty. She has glowing, white skin. Chenzi had a crush on her. The guy I liked had a crush on her too. I have naturally tan skin, so of course I was jealous. For westerners, I think pale skin shows purity and wealth (because if you’re rich, you don’t have to do labor under the sun). Maybe it’s the same for Asians.
2. Black hair. Long hair for girls. A lot of Asians dye their hair to brown or blonde these days, but I know that, traditionally, black hair is the way to go. Especially if you have pale skin. When you have that ebony black hair against that white skin, you’ll surely shine. And if you’re lucky enough to have both traits, I’m completely jealous of you.
3. Big noses for guys. Well, in China at least. Does it mean you’re rich? I really don’t know. People in China find big noses sexy, though. All I can think about when I look at Han Geng’s nose is…please excuse my French…male genitals. Please don’t tell me that’s the reason. (By the way, I love Han Geng.)
4. Double eyelids. That’s a big DUH right there. Need I explain? It makes your eyes look bigger, the end.
5. Large eyes. The main reason for wanting double eyelids. In Asia, a technique in the art of camera whoring is holding the camera up high and keeping your chin down while staring up wide-eyed to make your eyes look big.
6. Small face. At least in Korea. Having a face that’s smaller than a CD is considered beautiful. I don’t know what the heck that means but I’ll just respond with “Sure, whatever.”
7. Tallness. Asian guys want to be tall since most of them range from 5’3 to 5’7. I read about various male celebrities wearing shoe lifts and lying online about their heights. I think it spawns from the whole Caucasian-envy thing. Even women feel a little pressured to be taller. But you know, there’s really no quick way to fix it naturally. Funny thing, I actually have a 6 foot 2-3 inch tall, Asian, male friend who complains about being too tall. I just wanna slap him.
8. Long legs. According to a talk show interview Han Geng did, having legs that are longer than your body is good. Han Geng’s legs are 12 centimeters longer than his body, and that makes him super sexy. I think that’s a general ideal trait around the world but leave it to Asians to start using numbers.
9. All the internationally accepted unmentionables, like: A round booty, full breasts, a big penis, etc (if there are any).
Koreans actually have a lot of specifics on what they think is beautiful, but I don’t agree with them half the time. No offense, but some of their most adored celebrities look like schmoes to me. But for Korean beauties, I guess Jun Ji Hyun would be one. I think she’s pretty.
Maybe if I give you guys examples of what I think ideal Asian beauties are. Hmm.
Well for men, I think Leehom Wang is the epitome of handsome. He has a great body (not too skinny, but not too muscular), pretty eyes, and handsome facial featues, and he is tall. He can also grow a semi-thick beard. It sounds gross, but I see it as masculine; therefore, it is sexy.
For women, that’s hard, since I don’t look at women. In the western world, Gong Li is considered a true Asian beauty. I think she’s beautiful too. I also think that Song Hye Kyo and Vivian Hsu are beautiful. But since we’re talking about women, I don’t care know.
If you guys didn’t notice already, halfway through, I started bulls—ing. I’m tired.
Picture Credits: On the picture, & I don’t know.